Review: Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil and Simple Soothing Toner


One of the new trends in cleansing is the cleaning oil. While they used to only be found when ordered online from prestige brands, some are making their way into the drugstore. When I found out that Simple was selling a cleansing oil for a good price, I had to check it out for myself!
Cleansing oils are supposed to remove makeup by breaking down the particles of the makeup, including water proof formulas, and leave the skin feeling hydrated but not oily. My major concern is whether this would have some type of oily residue after cleansing with it, or that it would not effectively remove my makeup.



According to the package, to use you simply apply 2-3 drops of the oil to your dry hands and then rub into face until the makeup is broken down and then rinse with water. For me, I think the best technique is to apply more oil, about a quarter sized amount and still not a lot, and then rub it into my skin and then rub warm water into my skin until I feel the oil and the makeup have fully separated from my skin and then cleanse with warm water.
I am very pleased with the results I get from this product, it really removes all of my makeup, includes waterproof mascara and eyeliner, and has left my skin feeling really good and not oily at all. I have also not experience an uptick in breakouts after using this product. It is also enforce tally beneficial since you don't have to use a disposable product like a cotton pad or a wipe when using.
While I picked up the cleansing oil, I also decided to try the soothing toner from Simple. It is completely alcohol free and is supposed to have nutrients for healthy skin like vitamins and witch hazel. Since it is alcohol free, it doesn't dry my skin out at all. I find it leaves my skin feeling refreshed when I use it, whether that is after cleansing or in the morning to remove dirt and oil from the night before. While I haven't noticed any great change from using this toner, it is definitely a good product to check out if you are looking at toners.
Overall, I am very happy with these two,products which have now become a permanent part of my cleansing routine. If you are looking for a great cleanser for sensitive skins or just looking for a change, I would recommend the cleansing oil. I really hope more drugstore brands come out with cleansing oils since I really enjoy the format.
What cleansing oils have you tried?

Comments

Popular Posts