Review and Swatch: NARS nail polish in Orgasm


I've never owned a full sized NARS product before, mostly because of the price, but my experiences with NARS so far i.e. The mini lip pencils from the Sephora Birthday Gift, have been good. So, when I saw NARS nail polish in their signature shade, Orgasm, at T.K. Maxx for only £5.99 I had to get it.



NARS nail polish normally retails for £15 / $20
Orgasm is described as a peachy pink with gold shimmer

My first impression of this polish was that it was super thin. At one coat is applied evenly but super translucent. It took about four coats to create an opaque coverage. It did dry very quickly and applied evenly. Honestly, I would expect a polish of such a high cost from such a great brand to have a nice opaque coverage in three or less coats.
The color though was very pretty and will be great for spring and summer.
Overall, I'm disappointed that this polish was so thin and the color so translucent. I will still wear it because the color is nice and it does dry quickly. I'm glad I got it for £5.99 and didn't pay the full price otherwise I'd be really disappointed.

Comments

Popular Posts