Review and Swatch: Black Friday 2015 Lorac Love, Lust, and Lace Matte eyeshadow palette



Last year I got the special Lorac Black Friday Eyeshadow palette in Vintage Vixen on a whim because who wouldn’t get an eyeshadow palette for $12? There was a choice between matte and shimmer shades and I went with matte because I feel like that texture is under represented in eye shadow palettes. I didn’t expect a whole lot; but this soon became one of my favorite palettes. So, this year, when the same deal was offered but with different color, I went for it!

For 2015 the palette was called “Love, Lust and Lace” and I once again chose the matte shades. Like last year, there are five shades: a white, a yellow cream, a medium brown, a medium grey, and a black.




















The shades are very soft, but I find more powdery than last year’s. The pigmentation is good, and very blendable. All of my swatches are one swipe on bare skin. These colors, especially the black, can be built up for more pigmentation.
The packaging is thick cardboard with a magnetic closer. For more security when travelling, I’ve kept the sleeve/box it came in. It is very small (no excess packaging) and very light, so great for travel.
As for the comparison to last year, there colors are different. The brown on 2015 is between the darkness of last year’s two browns. Last year’s cream is also darker than this year’s.




















Overall, I am happy with this palette. I find its size to be easily portable and great for travel. I can get both a very light neutral look and a dark smoky look out of this palette. I only wish they were less powdery in format because you have to tap off the excess or you will get fallout. 

Comments

Popular Posts