Review and Swatch: Sephora X Explosive


While at my local Big Lots, I always look in their makeup section. Often times they have really nice makeup and nail polish that has usually been discontinued or has had a change in packaging. On my last trip I found some Sephora X polishes. The color that most intrigued me is called Explosive and just had to come home with me since it was only $2.
*note: this polish is in the old Sephora X packaging but this color is not discontinued. You can still buy it at Sephora on online. It’s just regular price (around $12)
Explosive is a black base with a few different sized hex glitters that when cleaned just look silver/rainbow, with the base shine mostly gold and green. Honestly, this makes my fingers look like dragon scales.

The formal on this is as good as any polish with chunky glitter. The base becomes opaque in two layers and there is more than enough glitter to go around. Some has a tendency to peel up though because there is a lot of it. This wears well for a few days which is standard for me. This is a pain to get off though because glitter.

Overall, I’m very happy with this polish. I have no other colors even close to this nor have I seen one in another store. It takes a bit of commitment just like any glitter polish but on the nails it is stunning.

Comments

Popular Posts