5 Top Lipsticks for Fall (including Mac dupes!)


Autumn is my favorite season for fashion and make-up; one big reason is the appropriateness no, mandatory status of the dark lip. Vampy lipstick is my favorite lip trend and the type of lipstick I own the most of. The lipsticks I am showing you today are my top five picks. They contain cool, warm, dramatic and low matiness products. This list also contains not just bold colors, but also colors that can be easily worn by all (even those not familiar with dark lips).

My picks: 
Wet n wild Mega last in “Sugar plum fairy” (908c) (rebel)
Wet n’ Wild Mega last in “Cherry bomb” (918D) (diva)
Wet n’ wild Mega last in “Ravin’ Raisin” (916D)
Revlon Lip Butter in “Red Velvet”
Maybelline colorsensational in Yummy plummy (discontinued)

The first three lipsticks on my list are all Wet n’ Wild lipsticks from their megalast line; these lipsticks are matte and have very bold and pigmented color. The main problem with these lipsticks is that they can be a big stiff and hard to apply. They also can catch on dry patches. To negate this, I apply a balm first, and then apply the lipstick. This also thins out the color making them more wearable. I also often blot, and then add another coat of balm to thin out the color.

The color “Sugar plum fairy” is a pink/purple dark fushia color. It often lauded as a dupe (duplicate) of MAC’s rebel lipstick.

“Cherry bomb” is a dark red berry color. It is known as a dupe for MAC’s diva.

“Ravin’ Raisin” is a cool berry color with hints of pink. It is almost mauveish.

I really love Revlon’s lip butters. To see my full collection and review of these click here. “Red Velvet” is a deep berry-ish red. This is an easy to apply and non-drying formula great for chapped lips and dry days!

Unfortunately Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in “Yummy Plummy” is discontinued.  It is a cool mauve/plum. It is extremely close in color to my natural lips, so I advise you to find your personal “my lips but better” color in a cool shade for fall. The formula of this lipstick is probably my favorite. It glides on easily and doesn’t drag or dry out my lips while offering me full coverage in the color department.

These are my picks for autumn lipsticks! I hope you found this helpful! What is your favorite color for fall?


Comments

Popular Posts