Review and Swatch: L’oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color in 202 Coral Encore


As you might have read a few posts ago I was able to get this L’oreal Extraordinaire Lip Color for only $1! Today I’m going to have a review with some swatches for you about this product. This product came out a few months ago and is supposed to be a liquid lipstick/balm/gloss hybrid. The description is “Color is richer, lip surface is smoother and shine is magnified.  Formulated with precious micro-oils and rich color pigments, Extraordinaire provides the ideal balance of color and care for perfect lips.  The unique soft-touch applicator allows for a silky-smooth, gliding application.  The new vision of liquid lipcolor.  Perfection in 3 dimensions:  Rich Color, Smoother Lip Surface, Magnified Shine.”

The formula is thick yet smooth and glides on well to the lips with the flat velvety applicator. At first I thought it would be sticky, but it really isn’t! The finish is extraordinarily glossy but provides a solid amount of color. It does tend to go into the lip lines, but this color wasn’t patchy. I do not find this product drying. It’s not a type of formula I wear a lot, I do not like glosses, but I think I will get a good amount of wear out of this!
The packaging is a really classy looking light gold color. There is definite YSL inspiration and was the first thing that drew me to the product. The gloss has a slight peachy-apricoty sent.

202 Coral Encore is a coral pink. This color has a lot of micro-glitter/ shimmer. I do not know if all colors have this. It doesn’t make it gritty, but it is most noticeable when the product settles and dries a bit on the lips. This glitter isn’t a problem if you are wearing the product for a short period of time, but when I wear this all day (and reapply like four times) the amount of glitter than ends up on my lips and the progressively sparkly the color becomes is annoying to me. I think this is wearable and a great color for summer.


Overall, I really like the color and the packaging on the product. I hope I will get a lot of wear, but I don’t tend to wear glossy lip looks, so I will see.  While I will not run out and get another full price, I would recommend this product to those who like high pigment glosses and, of course, if I had another set of coupons I would buy another for $1!

Comments

Popular Posts