Review: CK One mascara


In 2014 for your birthday if you are an ulta member you get a present! The gift this year is a full sized CK One mascara. To me, this seems a better present than what Sephora usually gives which is two sample/travel sized products. This calvin klein mascara retails for $18 and is exclusive to ulta. While the outside packaging says “Happy Birthday” the tube inside is no different from any one bought regularly.

The color is “true black” and is supposed to have a “Precision curved brush and patented lycra technology amplifies, shapes, and lifts every lash for maximum volume. Customize lash looks with a unique twist brush applicator. Select definition or volume with a twist of the cap in this all-in-one mascara.” When you twist the top of the wand it twists and contracts, but doesn’t stay that way to it is awkward and near impossible to hold it twisted and apply at the same time.

The packaging itself is very classy and slim; it reminds me of a rollerball fragrance.  The mascara’s scent itself is very subtle; more so than most mascaras. It contains 0.31 oz of product; my standard Maybelline “the rocket” contains 0.3 oz so that seems standard. I like this type of wand for applying mascara; it had stiff plastic bristles which I feel really comb through my lashes. Strangely, even though the mascara is marketed towards volume; I fell that it lengthens more than gives volume. My main complaint though is that it doesn’t keep curl at all. Within minutes; my lashes go straight again after I first curl my lashes and then apply this mascara.  I have this problem with most mascaras that aren’t waterproof.




Overall, this is decent mascara that lengthens lashes but does little for volume or curl. The twisty cap is just a gimmick and doesn’t do much so I’d advise buying a good drugstore mascara for under $10 like Maybelline’s the rocket instead.

Comments

Popular Posts