Review and Swatch: Maybelline Color tattoo in 45 Lavish Lavender


I’ve never tried the Maybelline color tattoos before now, but they have intrigued me for a while. I, in general, don’t use crème products including crème eyeshadow. The main thing that stopped me was the price; at around $6-7 they seemed a bit much for a single eyeshadow. So, when I heard that some were popping up at Big Lots for one dollar, I had to check it out.

Lavish lavender is a shimmery lavender color. It was part of the limited edition spring collection.
It is a crème eyeshadow, and upon first application with a fingertip it is a bit patchy and sheer.  A second patted application lends a more opaque coverage.  On its own it looks okay, but for my look I added another eyeshadow on top to give more depth. Its crème nature made it a great “sticky” base for eyeshadow.
with just the color tattoo

with eyeshadow

For my look I added one coat of the color tattoo across my entire lid in a patting motion. I then added a second coat on the inner half of my lid, and then used what was left on my finger tip in my crease and a bit above towards my browbone.  I then patted on some dark purple eyeshadow from my wet n’ wild lust palette starting in my outer corner, and working my way inward and into my crease with what was left. I then dotted on a bit of white eyeshadow in my inner corner.
That packaging on this is very nice. It had a classy and very solid glass base and a sturdy plastic twist off lid. It was sealed to keep it from tampering.
Overall, I am quite fond of this product and think it is good both as a shadow and as a base.  For $1 it was a definite steal, but I don’t see myself running out to but colors in the permanent line for $7.





Comments

Popular Posts