Review and Swatch: Laura Geller Color Drenched lip gloss


On Black Friday, my grandmother picked up a new laura geller mascara at Ulta, and as a gift with purchase, received this lip gloss. She decided she didn’t like the color, so she gave it to me. I unfortunately do not know the color name of this gloss because this is a sample size and does not list it. I believe it to be “perked up pink” based on the description and picture on their website.
This is called a lip gloss, but I think it’s more a liquid lipstick with a glossy finish. This baby is pigmented! It completely covers my lips’ natural color and the pink itself it quite vibrant. The finish is very glossy, but not tacky, and like most glosses doesn’t last too long. At the first sip of coffee or bite of a sandwich it is gone and you need to reapply.  While I wouldn’t say it is moisturizing per say, it definitely isn’t drying.

The only problem I have with this product is its applicator. Since this is so pigmented you will want a very neat/fine line around you lips. The applicator though is your standard bulky doe foot applicator. This makes it hard to make a neat line, I would rather they made it smaller.

This sample size was free with purchase and contains 0.1 fl oz/ 3ml of product. The full size cost $19 and has 0.3 fl. Oz/ 9 ml of product. So, this sample is about $6 worth of product.


Overall, this is a pretty gloss and a great choice if you like highly pigmented glosses. I however, am not a huge fan of glosses of any type, but if I ever feel in the mood this will be the one I reach for. 

Comments

Popular Posts