Review and swatch: Milani HD advanced lip color in 101 Romantic rose


The last time I was at my local dollar tree I picked this lip color up for $1, but according to the internet, this normally costs $6.99.

This lip product comes in a clicker style applicator; the tip of the lipstick is fairly small so application can be precise.  The packaging is really sleek and sophisticated.  This color is a light pink/peach color. I picked this up because I don’t have any colors like this (though memento from OCC is a bit similar). The lipstick has some shimmer/ super fine micro glitter which I guess is the “HD” part.

The finish is quite glossy, and as such is removed easily when I eat something. When I apply it, it takes a few swipes to become noticeable (possibly because my lips are darker than the product) then it sort of “melts” onto my lips.

When I first got this I wasn’t sure of the color (and the glossiness), but now I kind of like it. It’s not a favorite, but it’s not bad. It's also not at all drying (which is nice since I use a lot of matte and drying lip colors) it might even be a bit moisturizing. 
My only real pet peeve about this product is its really strong fake sweet tart –esque scent.
Overall, it’s definitely good for a $1 lipstick, but for $7 I wouldn’t have bought it.


Comments

Popular Posts