Review: Benefit’s “They’re Real!” Mascara


For my birthday gift this year from Sephora I got the Benefit’s “They’re Real!” mascara and Benefit’s Watt’s Up highlighter mini’s. Everyone raves about this mascara and even the lady at the checkout said I was going to love it, so I went in with high hopes.
This mascara’s wand is made up of plastic bristles and has a little “ball” of bristles at the tip. This is the sort of wand I like. To apply the mascara you are supposed to do you normal “wiggle” motion, and then used the tip and a vertical angle to further lengthen you lashes.

As you can see from this picture it does something for my puny straight, lashes (which I have curled before applying the mascara), but after just an hour they are completely flat again! While this mascara would work well for someone who already has decently long and curly lashes, this just doesn’t work for me. I guess it works in a way, because it works just as well as any other mascara on me, but it doesn’t do anything fantastic or worth it’s price.

The mascara I have is a mini size that you can buy on its own for $10. A full sized mascara costs $23. Personally I don’t think it’s really worth that much, but around the $20 mark is standard for mid-high end mascaras.  
Another note I would like to make is that this mascara irritates my eyes. It makes them have a tingly/burn/itch/dryness sensation and it happens every time I wear this (which has been 10+ times, I really wanted this to work!), but has never happened with any other mascara.


Comments

Popular Posts