Review and swatch: Nyx ultra pearl mania loose pigment in white


MAC Vanilla is a very popular loose pigment; it is also a very expensive product.  I have never used a loose eye shadow or pigment before, so when I saw that Nyx came out with a loose pigment for the low price of $2.99, I needed to check it out.
With Vanilla in mind, I picked up the color “white”. The range is pretty wide, but I thought I would get the most use out of white. The container isn’t the best; it is a small plastic bottle with a screw cap, to sifter. It also came safety sealed with a sticker which left a tacky residue over half of the bottle. It can be a little messy; which is something I suspect of all loose pigments.

The color is definitely white and it has a strong shimmer and no sparkle.  The texture is also very fine; surprisingly so. It is in no way rough or chunky. If the pigment is patted on, it gives a strong white highlight. The color can also be blended out to give a slight wash of color.

Today, I used the pigment as a highlight in my inner eye and as a slight wash of color on my browbone. I also heard that vanilla can be used a cheekbone highlight; I’ll have to try that out.

I bought this at ulta, and for $2.99 it was a good deal. I don’t think I will be buying more because of the mess and storage problem; eye shadow palettes are more convenient.  Each bottle holds .06 oz of product.

Comments

Popular Posts